This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can they ask this? Nevada

Today my manager pulled me to the side, where he told me that he was concerned about a complaint from a client
    that I was somewhat forgetful, That I had forgot to put something away, when I asked who or where this came from, so
    either I can defend myself or make sure I don't forget whatever it was the next time, My manager could not even give
    a situation or the offense, I believe that he just said it, He said I was forgetting my tricks? I am a Personal Care Attendent,
    I have no tricks, but then he said that he needed to know what kind of medication I was on, I currently am involved in
    a health care situation, not sure if I have Parkinsons or whats going on with me. He also said that once he sees my medication,
    this will better help him for my defense.
    This just sounds NOT RIGHT, what does this sound like to you?

Kinda hard to say right now. Can you tell us more about this? Perhaps it's just me, but I'm a bit lost on this. A PCA typically doesn't have any "tricks".
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Can they ask this?

I am PCA, I am being treated for Parknison's. My manager said that a client had complained that I was being forgetful, that I had forgotten to put something away. I had asked who or what
      the situation was, so that I could either give my feedback, and to make sure I don't forget to put anything away, however my manager really couldn't come up with any precise complaint, other than I forgot my tricks, I don't get it either. It is my opinion that he never got a complaint, he just said that and wants to see if my shakes and postering are from the disease or some type of drug use or alcohol use. All the clients are Medicaid recipients, if a complaint came from a client there is a protocol.

Comment

And you don't think that's a legitimate concern?
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

It would be highly unprofessional for your supervisor to tell you who made the complaint. Giving you too many details could very well make it obvious who made it. If you are a PCA and shaking and on heavy duty meds, then that absolutely is a concern for your employer and something they have every right and responsibility to investigate. They do not have to wait until disaster strikes to look into the situation. I'm not sure why you would assume they would need to totally fabricate an allegation as they have the right to verify that you are not a danger to yourself or others even absent a complaint.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
          X