This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retaliation complaint - Remedies? California

Filling out a wage claim and at the same time completing the CA DLSE Retaliation Form RCI 1, since termination was because of the intention to file a wage claim. In Part 7, "Remedies", what do most claimants request? So far we've entered: "Payment of back wages, purge personnel file of any adverse notations, a cease and desist order about withholding wages for legitimate hours worked, a notice in the workplace clarifying payable hours for my same classification." Are we on the right track here?
    Last edited by elainep8; 12-03-2013, 05:58 PM. Reason: grammatical error

It depends on the situation as to what would be requested. It sounds like you are on the right track in your case. Complete the form & send to the Ca. DLSE for review.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Personally, I'd focus just on what remedies directly affect you, not what punitive action you wan tto DLSE to take if they find a violation. You are looking for payment of wages due and possibly reinstatement/negation of the retaliatory act. That is what I would put. Let the DLSE come to their own conclusions as to whether or not more global action is required.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X