This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clause for unpaid services - Illinois Illinois

I have been working with a small automotive and marine repair shop in determining their office needs. It appears he has had several customers that have left their vehicles for repair, but have not paid towards the service. Is there a clause that can be written on some type of repair invoice that would provide the shop owner to A) require interest on the amount owed after 30 days and B) after several certified letter attempts at notification regarding the delinquency provide the shop owner the option to sell the vehicle for the amount owed?

I'm fairly certain there is a way to do this legally, I just need some guidance from someone who knows concisely how to word it.

Thank you in advance.

This might be something you would want to talk to an attorney about so that it is worded concisely.

You can hold & see if you get other replies. I do believe we have an Il. attorney on the forum that posts on occasion.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Agreed. This is certainly "talk to a local attorney" territory, a contract law issue, not a labor law issue. State law likely means that your state's rules are not the same as other state's rules, and you are not the first person with this issue in your state. You need to find the specific contract law solution used to address this issue in YOUR state. The same answer that courts in your state have previously said is the correct answer.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
      X