Peer reviews found in perssonel file.. Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peer reviews found in perssonel file.. Minnesota

Just curious. At my last job I did a performance improvement plan with a short deadline( looking back I am getting fired). I did a "task" in front of different employees from various departments for the sole prupose of constructive critisim. After termination, I was in shock to find that there were employee emails in my perssonel file regarding the "task" i did. I thought I was getting help. The PIP was painful and embarassing for me to begin with, but to see these emails were even more hurtful. Especially from a person I knew that I thought had my back. Emails were basically regarding how much I suck and questioning how did I get hired.
    Is this wrong to have in a file? Or do people have a right to kick a dead horse down and get away with it? PS I WORKED MY TAIL OFF

It's not illegal to have peer reviews in your personnel file.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
      It's not illegal to have peer reviews in your personnel file.
      ...no matter what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by eerelations View Post
        ...no matter what they say.
        Yep, agree...... & even if you don't agree with them.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

It's not kicking you while you are down. It is giving your employer honest feedback on your performance and they are right to keep that documentation in the file. The employee file is for THEIR benefit, not yours. If you were expecting a friend to lie for you or sugar coat your performance you are being unrealistic and unfair to your friend. This is your job, not a popularity contest. Being a poor performer isn't a sign you are a bad person, but it does mean that perhaps you are in the wrong job/field and or need some additional education and training. If you are working that hard and the across the board response is that you are not up to snuff in the way the employer needs for you to be, you may want to think about what your next career move should be.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

You said you worked your tail off. However, as Elle noted, it isn't always how hard you work but whether you do the work to the employer's expectations.

Comment

Working...
            X