Wrongfully Accused in New Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongfully Accused in New Jersey

Here is the situation... i work as a technician for a particular tv company. Going on 3 weeks now i have been suspended due to a theft claim against me. My company's Corparte HR dept handling the claim hasnt given me any notice of timespan this "investigation" will take. They have me in limbo so to speak, waiting on there call to find out the situation. now technically i was suspended for 2 day w/o them even taking my statement for even telling me what i was accused of stealing! It is going on 3 weeks and my local managment has even less info than i have and are also being kept in the dark about the entire matter. The HR dept has stated that i would be getting retro paid, so long as everything clears. This situation doesnt look good. I did not steal anything but i am still being accused and there is no way of them proving that i did or didnt do it since it was a private residence and there in only accusations/ no really evidence or proof..... So i guess my question is a Overall Question....IS THIS LEGAL?? To basically punish an employee w/o telling them or having any formal sitdown or staement? To possibly get fired over an accusation w/o proof?? To not pay an employee wages for manditory suspencion because they have been found "guilty"? PLEASE HELP!!
    THANK YOU!!!

Yes, it's legal. Your employer is not a court of law and doesn't need proof of theft in order to suspend you or even terminate your employment. Additionally, your employer is only required to pay you for time worked. You're free to file for unemployment benefits however.

Your only option is to be patient, hope the investigation clears you and that you are reinstated with back pay.

Comment

If you apply for unemployment ins. while on suspension & receive it & then happen to be reinstated with back pay, be sure to notify the UI Agency of the back pay received.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X