Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Direct Deposit Ohio

Hello,

I have a few questions to organizations that were able to pass a mandatory direct deposit program.

1. Once it was started, what happened to employees that just refused to sign up for DD, or a Paycard? Were they terminated? Not hired, because it's a condition of employment?

2. Have you done this only for new hires, or existing employees also?

3. I heard it was now legal, in Ohio to make Direct Deposit legal? Is it?

Thanks
    John

Originally posted by Silver70 View Post
    Hello,

I have a few questions to organizations that were able to pass a mandatory direct deposit program.

1. Once it was started, what happened to employees that just refused to sign up for DD, or a Paycard? Were they terminated? Not hired, because it's a condition of employment?

2. Have you done this only for new hires, or existing employees also?

3. I heard it was now legal, in Ohio to make Direct Deposit legal? Is it?

Thanks
    John
    I have implemented mandatory direct deposit pay in three organizations.
    1. I have only had one employee balk at this, and when he found out he was going to be fired if he didn't provide us with a bank account number...he provided us with a bank account number. Had he not done that, we would have fired him.
    2. Existing employees and new hires in all three organizations.
    3. Direct deposit pay is legal in Ohio. Whether mandatory direct deposit pay is legal in Ohio, I don't know, someone else will answer that.

Comment

http://www.flexchecks.com/ProductsSo...positLaws.aspx

Ohio: No law prohibiting direct deposit. It is uncertain whether an employer can lawfully require direct deposit.
      http://www.w-p.com/CM/Articles/The-Q...ct-Deposit.asp

Many employers call our law firm to see if they can force their employees to use direct deposit. The answer for many states is "No." State laws rule in this area. Interestingly, some states, such as Missouri and Ohio, have no direct deposit laws.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

My reference also says Ohio has no law re DD.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X