Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NC: Boss owes me for 228 hours - filed complaint with NC Dept of Labor North Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC: Boss owes me for 228 hours - filed complaint with NC Dept of Labor North Carolina

Back story:

I started work on 10/1/2009. I worked for this company until 6/2/2010. From 4/19/2010 - 6/2/2010 I was not paid. I was told prior to me leaving every week that I'd be getting paid soon. After I left I filed a complaint with the NC Department of Labor. They tried for months to contact the owner & he never responded. They sent me all of the paperwork stating that he owes me for the 228 hours plus an additional amount for interest during the few months the claim was open.

I have already tried to contact him once via certified mail & no one claimed the letter.

This is my second attempt to contact him & in this letter I am giving him 14 days before I file a small claim against him.

I guess my question would be is this the right way to go about this? Also - the state interest came out to $30.40 a week. When I mail him this letter should I ask for the amount that the state last said he owed me, 228 hours @10.00 an hour plus the $364.80 OR do I ask for 228 hours @$10.00 an hour plus $30.40 a week up until this point?

I honestly just want to get paid what the state says I am legally owed!

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by snufffilmstarlet View Post
    Back story:

I started work on 10/1/2009. I worked for this company until 6/2/2010. From 4/19/2010 - 6/2/2010 I was not paid. I was told prior to me leaving every week that I'd be getting paid soon. After I left I filed a complaint with the NC Department of Labor. They tried for months to contact the owner & he never responded. They sent me all of the paperwork stating that he owes me for the 228 hours plus an additional amount for interest during the few months the claim was open.

I have already tried to contact him once via certified mail & no one claimed the letter.

This is my second attempt to contact him & in this letter I am giving him 14 days before I file a small claim against him.

I guess my question would be is this the right way to go about this? Also - the state interest came out to $30.40 a week. When I mail him this letter should I ask for the amount that the state last said he owed me, 228 hours @10.00 an hour plus the $364.80 OR do I ask for 228 hours @$10.00 an hour plus $30.40 a week up until this point?

I honestly just want to get paid what the state says I am legally owed!
    As in you filed a wage claim?
    If the NC Department of Labor can't help you,
    yes, you can sue him.
    Is this guy a building contractor?
    If he is, good luck, you're going to need it.
    Are you going about this correctly?
    Looks like you are to me but I'd suggest you speak with an Attorney anyway.

.._________________
    ~Free advice is like your public defender,
    …you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Comment

Working...
    X