Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, you are wrong that the employer cannot call to verify. They can.

Second, what you've described is a really excellent way to get fired.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

To add to that, I not very long ago fired an employee for doing just as you suggested. It isn't the first time either. Those who handle leave know what the hospital stationary looks like and often know who the doctors are and even what their signatures look like. If I get one that is unfamiliar, I fax a copy and have the hospital or doctor's office verify its authenticity. Besides, for FMLA purposes a generic note will not suffice. One that has been obviously printed off a disk really isn't going to cut it.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Since this thread is old, believe I will close it so we get no additional posts that users have to bring up & read. This will be the 4th thread since 2-2011.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X