This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are labor laws in CA different from KS? New York

New to the Inn & Suites business originally from CA have set-up their first time business here in KS, they seem to think that CA labor laws are the same in every state, and seem to employ workers in let us say, discreet practices. This meaning without paperwork or tax and SS and benefits.
    Pro Cleanse Gold

The differences are way too numerous to even summarize here. Of course, federal laws still apply, including the rules regarding classifying workers.

If you have a specific question, please feel free to ask it.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 07-30-2010, 12:10 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      The differences are way too numerous to even summarize here. Of course, federal laws still apply, including the rules regarding classifying workers.

If you have a specific question, please feel free to ask it.
      Agreed! You need to narrow the question or refer to Kansas state law/Federal law.
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

You can ask a specific Ks. question here or check with the Ks. DOL.

http://www.dol.ks.gov:80/index.html

You can also talk to a Ks. labor law attorney.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X