X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager cheating hours on salary pay. Washington

Good day all.

I'm a food/bev server, making an honest living, putting in my hours.

My manager and assistant manager, both on salary pay, have the ability to adjust clock in/ clock out times on the computer system. They are taking advantage of this by leaving the establishment and not clocking out, or by clocking in early in the morning, 8am and dropping in to clock out at night, 8pm. This produced a pay-stub which came across my hands as "hard evidence". This has been going on for months and other employees are frustrated with it too.

So basically, I'm jealous that they are out laying by the pool in the sun all day and getting paid for it, while I work hard to make an honest living.
    Meanwhile the other employees, including myself, do their job duties just to keep the business in working order.

How do I handle this situation, put a remedy in action to stop this behavior? On the other hand, I am afraid to say anything in fear of retaliation, by getting my hours cut back. The manager does this if you are putting their job in danger, I'm a "threat". In WA it's legal to cut my hours or drop me from a schedule for no reason, so I understand. Our economy is tight and I can't afford to lose my job or have my hours cut back.

Frustrated and don't know which way to step forward. Advice?

Thank you for your time,

Cheers

It is not illegal to pay someone when they aren't working, it's only illegal to not pay them when they are. "Salaried" is merely a pay method. If these managers are also exempt (even thought they may "fudge" the time clock), they are paid for getting the job done, not how many hours they work (or don't work).

Honestly, you bring this up, be ready to pack up and file for unemployment. It might not happen, but it could and it would be legal. As long as YOU are being paid correctly, nothing else you posted is a violation of any law.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Agree, as long as "you" are being paid correctly, I wouldn't get involved in what the managers are doing.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X