• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan - Not paid for hours worked Michigan

Situation resolved

Thanks in advance,

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Martinez; 03-23-2008, 03:43 PM. Reason: Situation resolved

Whether or not the company can bill for the time, or collect on the bill, is irrelevant to your getting paid.

Need a little more detail on the travel, though. When you don't have a case to work on location, do you go into a regular office and do other things? And, you're paid hourly, is that correct?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Since you do not have a "regular place of business" (other than, it sounds like, your home), getting to and from the work location is generally considered commute time and is not compensable under the FLSA. Honestly, it sounds like the employer is doing more than is required with regards to this issue.
      http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.35.htm
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for your help and advice.

Bruce

Comment

Sorry it wasn't the answer you were probably looking for.

Comment

As long as you are getting minimum wage, yes they can reimburse different duties at different rates. It is an administrative nightmare and their payroll person hates them, but it is legal.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
              As long as you are getting minimum wage, yes they can reimburse different duties at different rates. It is an administrative nightmare and their payroll person hates them, but it is legal.
              The payroll system they have in place is a real bear!

Thanks for the advice.

Bruce

Comment

Not as such, but this might help.
                http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.13.htm

Comment

Working...
                X