This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are laws regarding clocking in when you are salary employee? Colorado

I have worked for this company for 6 years now. Two years ago I went to Salary. Since I have been salary I never had to clock in and out. About 6 months ago they have made me start clocking in and out, stating that ALL employees must clock in and out now for workmans comp. I was told not to worry about clocking in and out for lunch.
    As if that was not an adjustment, I got a call today from our comptroller stating that if I forget to clock in she will not pay me and I need to clock in and out for lunch as well now.
    First off, I am the ONLY salary employee that has to clock in and out now. The rest of the managers here DO NOT!
    What are the laws on Salaried Employee's in Colorado? I feel like I am being singled out and I am ready to put in my notice right now!

They are allowed to make you clock in and out.

They are allowed to not make other people clock in and out UNLESS the reason that they choose you and not them is because of a legally protected characteristic.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Thanks

You know a little insight to this....My previous boss in this department fell here at work and injured her back and neck severly...they ended up firing her and of course she is in the middle of going to court. I ended up taking here possistion here as the Marketing Director. The H.R. lady here told me when this all started that they need my hours because of this workmans comp case.

Comment

Indiana location

We are considering having our salary employees clock in and out now. Not to watch their hours, but just to have a means of knowing who is here and who is not in terms of safety (we have over 1200 employees). I have been told time and again that it is legal to do this, but I would like to see it documented somewhere. Do you know of any laws or documents stating exempt employees clocking in and out is absolutely legal?

Comment

kabfrench, you did good by starting your own thread. I just responded there.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X