• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kpccao
    started a topic Illinois time clocks not synchronized

Illinois time clocks not synchronized

in Illinois

Are Time clocks supposed to be synchronized. I know an employer that has several time clocks (swipe machines) distributed in several floors. These time clocks are all off by up to two minutes - even those right next to each other.

Is that a possible problem with Federal and State law or is this just employer's issue.

Thanks!

• kpccao
    replied
    No rounding at all, its all down to the minute. That's why they let you make up the minute.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Originally posted by kpccao View Post
    Everyone is paid by the hour.

They let employees make up a minute if you are a minute late (eg. clock in at 8:01, you must clock out at 5:01) - so the savy ones use the slow clock in the morning.

What I meant was, do they pay to the exact minute, or do they round punches?

Hey, you learn to play the game.

Leave a comment:

• kpccao
    replied
    Everyone is paid by the hour.

They let employees make up a minute if you are a minute late (eg. clock in at 8:01, you must clock out at 5:01) - so the savy ones use the slow clock in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Me either. Besides, if they round consistently (if they round at all) in accordance with FLSA regs, it's not going to make any material difference anyway. Does this company pay to the minute?
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.48.htm

Leave a comment:

• kpccao
    replied
    Yeah,

They tend to clock in at the swipe machine that runs slow in the morning and clock out on the one that thends to run faster in the afternoon. Employee benefits for sure.

I'm none too sure that there is any violation of FLSA...or other Illinois law.

FLSA, in my reading, tends to be concerned more about accurate record keeping to make sure employees are paid for time worked...I haven't found any law or caselaw anywhere that says all time clocks have to be synched.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Do employees clock in and out at different clocks?

Leave a comment:

• kpccao
    replied
    Thanks for the quick response!

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    It's just the employer's issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X