This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 hours with no breaks Tennessee

I work at (restaurant chain) in the state of TN and we work 11 to 12 hours and we never get breaks of any sort. They denied me the right to bring my own food in and they also won't let you leave the building until you get off.

Can someone tell me how I would go about a lawsuit and if this is legal?
    Last edited by cbg; 03-03-2008, 04:45 AM.

Tn. employees must have a 30-minute unpd. rest break or meal period if scheduled to work six hours consecutively except in workplace environments that by their nature of business provide ample opportunity to rest or take an appropriate break. Breaks aren't to be scheduled during or before the first hour of scheduled work activity. A similar provision applies to minors but w/o the exception for workplaces that by their nature provide opportunities for rest. Applies to private employes with five or more employees. It is legal though to tell you not to bring food in or leave the premises until you get off.

Complaints would be put in with your state's DOL.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The OP might want to edit the name of the employer out of the post. Some employers monitor these types of websites.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Good point.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X