This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this legal? Arizona

My wife put her 2 week notice in. She went to pick up her last check and to pick up her PTO check. It turns out that they did not put in the paper work for her self-termination. So as a result they have been using up her PTO since she has been gone now for 2 weeks.
    Thanks
    Don

Has she been at work during those two weeks?
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

2weeks

No she has been at her other job the past 2 weeks so they had a month to file the paper work and 2 weeks to cut her the check.

Comment

OK, but I don't see the effective difference. Instead of having a check for two weeks of untaken PTO, she had a check for two weeks of PTO taken. Or did I misread what you posted?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I think the OP was thinking his wife would get a check for 4 weeks. The two of resignation and the two of vacation.

That is a myth. They do not have to pay your wife if she wasn't working.
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
          X