This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer took out more tips then what i claimed... North Carolina

Ok so this last two weeks my paycheck was ZERO dollars... Im a waitress and get pain 2.43 an hour, and at the end of every shift have to claim what i made in tips... for the past few weeks my employer has been telling all the waitresses that the IRS has been calling them stating that we are not claiming enough tips and that he wants us to claim 10 dollars for ever hour that we work.. so ok thats fine but some days depending on the customers and how busy we are i can work 6 hours and only make 40 dollars yet he wants us to say we made 60 dollars.. well this past 2 weeks i have worked the slower shifts days where the business is just not there, I claim 45 to 50 a day (thats for 5 to 6 hours of work).. well i got my paycheck and they changed it without me knowing saying i made more tips then what i actually claimed.. in other words they went in at the end of the pay period and if i didnt calim the 10 dollars an hour in tips alone they changed it... I understand that the resturant has to report to the IRS the tips, and its averaged on the amount the resturant makes, but when you have 6 to 9 waitresses on the floor the more waitresses on the floor the less tables we have the less the tips are... We do not have to tip out to bust boys or anything our tips are ours we just have to claim them at the end of the night.. Im just wondering in NC is my employer is allowed to change what i claim each night to more then i actually claim... ANy help with this would be great... thanks all...

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Im sorry i wasnt sure where to post this question.. I guess i will follow the other thread to see if i get answers...

Comment

Working...
      X