This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida - Resignation Notice Florida

My Fiancee is planning on leaving her job, she already has a new one lined up with a start date set. She is concerned with giving her full "two weeks notice". Are there any Florida laws regarding requirements for notice? I looked in her contract and it seemed to be "at will" to me but I have no real training. Thanks to anyone who can help us out.

If she has a bona fide employment contract, any terms/conditions regarding her separation from the company would be contained in there. If you're not sure, have an attorney versed in contract/employment law review it.

There is no employment law in Florida, or any other state, that requires any specific notice be given.

She should be aware, though, that (short of a provision in the "contract" to which you referred) the employer may just as legally accept her resignation immediately and walk her out the door, not allowing her to work out her notice and thereby, not having to pay her "in lieu of notice" pay.

Does that answer your question?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thats perfect, thanks.

Comment

You're welcome. I wasn't all that clear on the question, so thought I'd just throw some info out there.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X