This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR time acruel error Nebraska

I work part time (25 hour/week) for a private not-for-profit agency. I came back from Family Medical Leave in January 2007 after taking 3 months off for maternity leave (our agency does not pay maternity leave). We have a newer human resource employee responsible for managing and recording time accruel. This employee thought I was full time (40 hour/week) and had been counting my time off accruel according to full time benefits but they were paying me my regular part time salary. He did not catch his error until last month (Nov.). On my time off accruel statement dated 11/09/07 in the month of November he had me at 31.11 hours vacation, 2.00 hours personal leave, and 5.99 hours floating holiday. On my next statement dated 11/20/07 in November, he had me at 4.46 hours vacation, 0.00 hours personal leave, and 0.00 hours floating holiday. He basically deducted -12.8 hours off personal leave and -5.85 hours off floating holiday and zeroed it out of my vacation accruel. Is this legal??? Someone informed me that there was some Nebraska statute that this is not legal. I had planned all my time-off throughout the year so that I could take vacation this month and next month and still have vacation time left for later next year. He told me I should have caught the mistake in January and informed him of it. There was no way for me to know his mistake outside of the initial January statement that would have shown my initial "balance" of time accruel. All the other statements have the "error'd" balance in the top right corner.
Working...
X