This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-exempt-travel and pay..... Pennsylvania

I am a non-exempt public PA employee whose work location is out of the continental US for durations of 75+ days or more, am I entitled to more than just the 40hrs pay I am given and for travel time during regular scheduled work hours exceeding 8 hours?
    More specifically I'm interested in knowing if as a non-exempt employee can i be assigned to a duty that requires me to be out of the country 24/7 with out incurring additional pay...
    Last edited by dochatter; 12-05-2007, 07:30 PM. Reason: clarification

I do not think there is a federal law that is applicable out side the US. Is not who your employer is, or where the payroll is located. The main thing for federal law to be applicable, and I am talking about the FLSA, is where the work is performed, inside the US, including Puerto Rico and American Samoa, or outside the US. If you are outside the US, as you hae already indicated, I do not believe the US federal albor laws are applicable to you...
    ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

I agree. I don't believe US labor laws (ie FLSA) applies except to working in states of the US, Wash. DC, or any territory or possession of the US.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X