This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long work hours in Texas

I am unaware of this but are there any laws pertaining to working over a set amount of hours in a work day. I recently worked a 21hr work day on black friday and am curious to know if any more over time would be coming my way/ I would like to give this answer to others

No, there is no limit to the # of hrs. you can be required to work in a work day except for a few occupations such as airline pilot & minors under a certain age. If you are a non-exempt employee, in Tx. you would get OT after working over 40 hrs. in the work week assuming your employer is regulated by the FLSA.
    Last edited by Betty3; 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Texas is not one of the very few states where overtime is calculated on a daily basis, nor one of the even fewer states which limit the number of hours that can be worked in a week (with a few industry specific exceptions as Betty explained, no state limits the number of hours that can be worked in a day).
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X