Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a temporary worker and the company is selling do i get unemployement? Oregon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a temporary worker and the company is selling do i get unemployement? Oregon

i started working in september and i want to know if i can get unemployement even though i have only a few months and im a temporary worker. when they hired me they told me it was till they sold the company and after that it was the new companys decision wether to hire me or not! so my question is can i get unemployment?

We don't have enough facts to say - only the state UI board can give you a definite answer. Go ahead and apply; the worst that can happen is that you're turned down, in which case you're no worse off than if you don't apply in the first place.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If you have enough income in the base period which, for a claim filed now, would be July 2006 through June 2007, and you earned enough at this last temp job, it's possible. The same thing happened to me and I am now receiving UI, although the temp job lasted 3 months and it was a different state.

As cbg said, you have nothing to lose by filing.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X