This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpayed Salary Florida

I was at a company when my back went out while moving heavy machines around. I was told I could not return until I had a Dr Letter. Couldn't get one as he wouldn't realease me. Found out later that I have Degenarative Disk Disease and Athritis in the Neck.

I spoke with my Lead there once and said I would be back as soon as I got treated and could be released. Never heard back from the Lead or HR. But kept getting payed. Was never released or had an exit interview. This was back in Dec 2006. I got several checks nasuming this type of company was simply paying me because of my sick leave. As it turns out that was not the case.

What would be the best course of action here? What can they do and what can I do to protect myself? Is this a civel matter?

Thanks Very Much in Advance!

They can sue you for the overpaid wages if they choose to. You compounded the problem by "assuming".
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Or, you can sue them for suing you.
      THEY compounded the problem for paying you for so long.

Comment

While a countersuit is not legally prohibited, it's only going to increase the legal costs while probably not solving anything, since if the employee was honestly overpaid, he frankly doesn't have a legal leg to stand on no matter whose fault it was.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X