This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ QUESTION New Jersey

Husband was fired a week ago. We just got the pape work today and he is due to call in or go online to file out his claim. But the problem is is that about 8 weeks ago we booked vacation in jamaica and we dont know what to do. If we cancel it we lose our money we didn't know that this was going to happen.

Will they let us do it earlier than the date that they gave us?
    What will happen if we ask them? Do they have heart?

What are our options?

We dont want to open a can of worms if we dont have to?

I thought that we could just call from our trip but than I worry what if we can't get through or the cell phone doesn't work?

Please answer ASAP.

I know that people out there please help..

Comment

This is a volunteer board. People do it on their own time when they get a chance. You waited only half an hour, after midnight eastern time, before asking why you didn't have an answer yet. This is not Time Warner; operators are not standing by 24/7 to answer your call.

That being said, I don't understand the question. Will who let you do what earlier than the date who gave you? Are you talking about the unemployment office or the cruise line? What kind of options are you looking for? I'm not being nasty, I just don't understand.

If the trip is not for eight weeks what's the problem? It doesn't take most claims (granted, there are exceptions) eight weeks to be approved or denied.

Don't count on receiving benefits for the week you are on the cruise. That's one thing I can tell you up front.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

sorry

I am sorry that I wasn't clear and that I was a bit puchy on a answer.
        I have never beetn in this sistuation before and I do not know what to do.

So to clear up my question.

The first day he needs to claim benifits is the 5th. We will be away.
        If you miss that day they say you can be denied benifits.

If I call today and explain this to unemployment will they allow us to claim today instead of next week?

I totally understand if they dont pay us for the vacation week and I am ok with that. Losing a week pay is alot less money down the drain than a whole vacation that we saved 2 years to go on.

I am not sure how flexable unemployment is.

Any advise is great.

thanks

Comment

Does the cruise ship have internet access? He could probably file his claim via the internet on the 5th.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

they do but what if it is down?

I was thinking that we should and explain this to them.
            And that we will be trying to do it either online or via phone while we are on vacation but if for some reason we can not get through is it ok to call mon

Comment

If he misses the deadline, he can probably still file late; it's just that any UI checks would be delayed. Can you call and ask for the agency's suggestions?
              I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

He decide to do that and has been on hold for 45 minutes.

I just wish the unemplyment info was easier to understand

Comment

ok after 2hours on hold and know answered he called a few other phone numbers but no one could tell us anything about the case. Just to call the place that had us on hold for 2 hours.

Anyways it looks like we can mail it to them. Which is good and just explain why we are mailing it.

Comment

Working...
                  X