This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exempt Salary California

First of all, I'm an exempt salaried employee with my company in California. I'm deducted time from my sick/vacation pay if I take off for an appointment (maybe 45 minutes to an hour) even if I come in early and don't take a lunch to cover it (although legal, very petty and unappeciative for me going above and beyond to put in the extra time to cover it). To be honest, I'm really not understanding what the benefits of salary are at this point. My company will be shutting down for about a week and a half over the Christmas/New Year's time and we've all been advised that we will need to use our vacation/sick time to cover about 4 days of that forced time off. As an employee who's on salary, are there any benefits to being salary in a situation like this? Let's say I don't have enough time to cover the days with my sick/vacation time. Because I'm salary, do they have the option to not pay me for the time I don't have when it wasn't a choice to take it? Thanks in advance!

duplicate post
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Duplicate post?

Can you guide me to where the duplicate is? I'd like to know what the answer is. Thanks.

Comment

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=81664
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X