This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ - Husband dismissed over phone New Jersey

My husband was told late tuesday that there was a investigation on him at work. He was sent home and told they will call him thursday or friday. They never told him fully why and they kept on trying to put words in his mouth.

Well they called Thurdsy and said they would call again Friday but they were still investigating.

Well Friday came and they did call and the fired him. They WOULD NOT tell him why over the phone and they said a letter will go out on monday to him to tell him why. What is that about? Dont they have to tell him why? Can they do it over the phone?

We applied online today for unemolyment. How long is the prossess?

We also have a vacation that is allreadt paid for, we are supposed to leave a week from sunday. i am going to see if I can cancel and get our money back but if I can't what do I do about unemployment. We can't hold this up, we need the money.

Any advise would help.

Also should we talk to a lawyer?

I guess my question is Cane they dismiss you with out telling you why>

Comment

well we filled today for unemployment and we did out in that they didn't say why and that there was a letter in the mail.

Can you collect no matter what the letter says?

Is there a place I can read up on this?

Comment

Your husband can only collect unemployment if he was terminated due to no fault of his own. (ie can be denied if terminated for misconduct)

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/...ifactsheet.asp

(The above is a link to info on unemployment.)
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The law in most states does not require the employer to give a reason to the employee for the termination.

If the employer chooses to contest the granting of unemployment benefits to the employee, the employer must provide a reason for the termination to the unemployment office.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

We got the letter...
            In a nut shell they said he was thretning another employe. Which he says is not true at all. My husband would not hurt a fly. Plus he has been harrassed by others in the work place and know what that is like.

They didn't even ask him if it was true. When the other employes found this out they were shooked and one of his close friends went to talk to HR.

But anyways let me stick to what I was talking about. The letter said the ask many people if this was true and they all said yes he did do that. And employes dont feel safe. (this is not true he didn't do anything)

Also they said that his deleverable % was high. They had told him a few months ago to keep a eye on this. He did and the number went down to were they should.

So at this time they feel that there working relationship is over. And that this is the best for both of them.

He is also was trying to get the Union in the warehouse. And that could have something to do with it.

He has been there for 8 years. I do get it.

Do we have a case? He wants to clear his name since he didn't do what they said. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Would this effect Unemployment? Or does that depend on what the employers says to the Unemployment office??

Thanks

Comment

I can't offer any other suggestions that the one Joe offered above. He needs to talk to an employment lawyer if he feels that he was illegally terminated.

Unemployment is geared in favor of the employee; however, if the employer chooses to contest (which may or may not happen), it will to a certain extent depend on what the employer says.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
              X