This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Notice Pay"? Virginia

I work for a government IT contractor where my company assigns me to work with the client. A week ago (07/23) we are told that my company lost the contract during the rebidding process. A new contractor will come in and pick up most of my coworkers, starting Aug. 1st.

My employer told us to hurry up and apply with the new contractor. However, I decided to stay with my company of 6 years, and will go wherever they assign me to. HR and my managers sound pretty acceptive to this idea. I told HR I have some holiday hours left; and before they find me a new position I can use those hours. HR said I don't even have to use the hours, and mentioned something about "notice pay."

I am not quite sure what it is; and what my company's obligations are to me. I only have a day or two left, what is going to happen?

We have no idea. These issues are completely controlled by employer policy; the law doesn't require any of it.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X