X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee Humiliation California

Hi All!

I had a problem at work today. First of all, I am extremely busy on Fridays and to top it off it's the end of the month. So I am doing my billing and I had been working extremely hard to get everything finished before I had to leave. I did not have time to take any breaks or a lunch with everything I had to do and with everything that was being thrown on my desk. It was after 3:30 and I normally leave at 3 and one of my bosses asked me if I had gotten my check and I said no, so he said go ask @@@@@ because they are going to have a meeting right now. So when I asked @@@@@ for my check he said he didn't have it. I went back into my office where my boss was giving me more stuff to finish- OK no problem. So I get everything wrapped up and then asked my boss who is now in the meeting if I could have my check, he said he don't have it and they are locked up in the safe and nobody has the key and ##### has the key and SHOULD be coming in about 20-30 mins. By this time I am hungry, tired, late to pick up my kids and have asked 2x for my check. Needless to say I am a little frustrated, so I rolled my eyes and went back in to my office. My office window was open and when the breeze blows it blows all the papers and the door too, so as I shut the door the breeze came in and took the door and it kind of slammed. I said SORRY and right then my other boss came in and was SCREAMING at me about my attitude and how I need to think about my job over the weekend and I said please don't yell at me I didn't do anything wrong. He kept on screaming and was writing me a check for my payroll since I couldn't get my check, I asked my other boss(they are lovers) what did I do and he said I rolled my eyes. So as I am being screamed at and humiliated the whole company is listening in the next office and they can hear everything. As I left I was crying uncontrollably because I didn't feel like I deserved that my boss screamed from down the hall that I was welcome. So basically my question is can an employer yell and scream like that in front of all my co workers?

Yes.

There is nothing illegal in being a jerk.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

So sorry, but it is true. They can not physically harm you, but they can yell at you, as long as they do not say things against your race (like calling you a name for being of a certain race, or color).

Comment

Working...
      X