This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paycheck/Payday New York

I have been having issues with a company for the past 3 weeks. It is a small company - the owners have not been around. The issue is that paychecks have not been given on the day that they are supposed to be given out (Friday). Their manual/handbook states that payday is on Fridays.

May sound like a weird and petty question, but considering the company has made this into a habit (seems like they don't care), is this a violation on the company's part? It hasn't happened yet, but with automatic payments set up, I'm worried that my account will bounce.

The pay frequency and lag time between the end of the pay period and the date employees must be paid in New York is different for different types of workers.

What do you do there?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

technician

Comment

Manual labor?

OK, whatever. Manual laborers must be paid weekly. All others (with limited exceptions) must be paid at least semi-monthly; the lag time is not clear, but looks to be no more than 10 days following the end of the pay period. However, the law also says you must be paid on "regularly scheduled pay days". Give the state DOL a call.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X