Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona - Employee/Employer confidentiality?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona - Employee/Employer confidentiality?

I'm trying to find out if there is a form for confidentiality. I think thats what its called anyway.

I'm going to be discussing some issues with my foreman, and I want to insure he doesn't discuss the issue to the other employee. I have had issues before when talking to the manager about anothers drug use in the work place, and he confronts the employee and tells them I said he is using drugs... Just causes problems.

Is there a forum I can have signed that will protect me, or keep him from using my name?

No, there isn't; nor is there a law that will prohibit him from discussing the issue further except in very limited cases.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

But you can coach him on the proper way to talk to his employees. And you can also tell him that inappropriate coaching can result in his termination.

If he tries to turn this into an "Us" vs. "Them", tell him you will see that there is no US to worry about.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

If you don't have confidence that he will keep your conversations confidential, you have two choices:
        a. find someone else to talk to
        b. don't say anything at all.

Save some very limited circumstances, being a bigmouthed idiot is not illegal.

Comment

Working...
        X