This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tjrs-wisconsin Wisconsin

I have recently given my two weeks notice (7 days ago to be exact). At that time I also requested a copy of my personal file. I thought it was to be supplied to me within 7 days of my request. What do I do now? Ask again or are they breaking some kind of law? I also mentioned to a couple of my co-workers that this is something you should do at least once a year. One of my co-workers requested his personal file and received his copy after only one day.

Did you request it seven days ago (i.e. on March 7) or seven working days ago?

They have 7 working days to comply.

http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/er/labor_..._employees.htm
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

It was 7 days ago. I will wait until Friday and see what happens. It just seem odd that another employee who is not leaving gets theirs in one day and it is taking so long to receive mine. Thank you

Comment

If you are leaving, it is quite possible that yours it tied up at the moment documenting that fact.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by tjrs211 View Post
          It was 7 days ago. I will wait until Friday and see what happens. It just seem odd that another employee who is not leaving gets theirs in one day and it is taking so long to receive mine. Thank you
          Maybe HR is just especially busy at the moment and/or short-handed. I wouldn't assign any devious motives to the delay.

Comment

It's not that big of a company and others have received theirs even though they requested it after I requested mine. Do I have to request it again? The only thing they do when someone leaves is send out a form to your supervisor asking if you are eligable for rehire and that isn't sent out until after your last day. I am in management and know this first hand. They then move your file to a past employee file cabinet. Why should I have to ask for it again. Is there any recourse for not giving it to you within seven days? Is it only a guideline for employers to follow? Plus you don't know this woman. She is devious and underhanded. She may be in human resources but she is the least human person I know. This is how she is thought of by all employees at the company and most are afraid of her believe it or not. Very strange line of work she has chosen for herself.
            Last edited by tjrs211; 03-18-2007, 08:33 PM.

Comment

If you look at the link I provided, you will see a subsequent link to a form you can file for a labor standards violation.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thank you! I am sorry but I don't see a link. How do I retreive it?

Comment

Are you not seeing my link, or are you not seeing the link to the form once you click on mine?

Comment

I am not seeing your link.

Comment

I can't imagine what's wrong that you're not seeing it but here it is again.

http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/er/labor_..._employees.htm

Comment

It worked this time. Thank you. I will fill it out and let you know what happens.

Comment

Working...
                        X