This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer calling after resignation!?! New Jersey

resigned from my position at a very demanding job over 3 wks ago.

The company had a habbit of calling me after hours, asking me to work on personal time etc. which did not suit my lifestyle.

Initally, I gave my boss 4 wks notice (because of an upcoming event I knew she needed my help with)... 4 weeks turned to 6 wks, turned into 8 wks... after 8 wks of my kindness being abused finally I snapped and said I was leaving.

She never got me anyone to train, the last day I was there she asked me to show an intern there a few things.

Now - it is 4 wks later, and her assistant has called my cellphone 5 times and even FEDEXed a letter to my house saying she has "an important question re: a monitoring service I worked with".... Since I feel I already gave them more than I needed to with my notice, I do not believe I have to call her back... and feel like this job is just haunting me.

Is there a law that can prevent an employer from calling an ex-employees cellphone?? or something??

Duplicate post - answered elsewhere
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X