This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory meeting Kentucky

I was made to come to a mandatory meeting at my Resturarnt job where I am a server. I clocked in for the hour I was at the meeting. I just got my check and they paid me for the hour at $3.13 cause they told me that is my salary but I did not wait on tables for that hour cause I was not even suppost to work. Should I make them pay me mini wage for this hour?

Thanks

Did you make enough in tips for the rest of the week to account for the difference? If so, it is legal.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Unfortunately for you, so long as your wages plus tips for the week are at or more than minimum wage, you have no legal recourse.
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Hmm...not so fast....First of all can't tip credits against minimum wage only be for hours spent in a tipped occupation? Meetings are not tipped. And secondly: Mustn't said employee receieve at least $30 in tips monthly to have tips credited agains't minimum wage (not to say he/she doesn't)
        My intention is not to argue over who is wrong/right. I am here for the discussion and to learn and teach. If you dislike what I have to say or think I question you when I shouldn't, then by all means add me to your ignore list.

Comment

Not necessarily. "Side work" when it is not the primary duty can be paid at the sub-minimum wage. However, I have to agree that a meeting would not fall under this exclusion.

And yes, it must be at least $30 per month. That's not hard to meet, and we have to assume the OP did so.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs15.htm
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X