This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQUIRED lunch break? Florida

In Florida here. Am I REQUIRED to take a lunch break? I work a full 8 hour day. Is there a law that says I must take one? I know one must be provided but do I have to take it?

Thanks,

Tim

You are only partially correct. The law does NOT require the employer provide meal breaks or rest breaks in Florida. However, if the employer requires you to take one, you take one.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

You are required to take a lunch break if your employer says you are, regardless of whether the law says you have to take one or not.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
        You are required to take a lunch break if your employer says you are, regardless of whether the law says you have to take one or not.
        OK, we ARE putting this in the FAQ, right?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
          OK, we ARE putting this in the FAQ, right?
          Oh, there will have to be multiple FAQs on breaks.

Does my state require...Do I have to take...Can I leave the building...When can I...Paid...Unpaid...No one to replace me...

Okay, an entire website.
          Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Oh, yes, this is at the top of the list.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
            X