This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid wages and bankrupcy California

I filed 2 weeks ago with the California division of labor standards enforcement. They said because they are backed up, it will take about 6 weeks for them to contact me. The problem being that my company owes me 20K and I feel that they may go out of business before the state looks into it. Do I have any pro-active options at this point? Will I never see my money if they go bankrupt?

I believe the company is a corp. because it has a board of directors and share holders. Can I sue board members?

What should I do?

It is unlikely that you can sue the board members but you may be able to file for the money in court. Since they are declaring bankruptcy and you already filed a claim with the DLSE, you really need to consult with a layer before proceeding.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Was your company a Mortgage lender?

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan612 View Post
        Was your company a Mortgage lender?
        Jordan, where did you get that idea?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

No, Its a production company.

Comment

Working...
          X