This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas - Suspicion of Theft question.

I am a Shift Manager at a reputable fast food restaurant and there is a problem with our Cash over/shortages. I have told the General Manager that I am about to leave the company and that I am seeking employment elsewhere while I work there. I remain loyal as I ever have and to be honest, I think I am working harder and better now than I have before. The General Manager has sent an E-mail to the District Manager saying this:

(DM's Name),

I know who the theif is. It is (My name). He is manipulating the Cedit Cards. I have verified more than one day that the DCR* shows a higher amount than the actual receipts. Looking back on the days he worked; the ones he was limited the cash is good.

HOW DO I BUST HIM!

(General Manager's name)

(Our store signature)

*Our DCR is a basic summary of all monetary credit we accumulated throughout the day.
    I know that I have stolen nothing, and we have a video surveillance system that he refuses to watch, even at my suggestion! Am I out of luck, or can I legally clear my name before I leave the company?
    Last edited by N.O.T.A.; 02-25-2007, 08:53 PM.

If you are leaving why does it matter? No, you can not prove you are innocent. Even in court, which your employer is not subject to the same standard, you would be found "not guilty". You may certainly share your side but if they have reason to believe that you are the one stealing, based on the fact that it only happens when you are there and had access, you can't force them to change their minds.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Brief summarization: I shouldn't worry about it?

Comment

I wouldn't.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

You have saved me some grey hairs, and I thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X