This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demotion California

I was demoted from my job only after being there for 2 months, because I went to our H/R department to tell them how my boss was treating me. I was still trying to learn my job and everytime I asked for help from her, still would get upset with me and get hostile.
    My boss gave me a $5.00 hr.decrease in pay. and moved me to diffrent position, still under her as my boss.
    I was warned before hand not to go to H/R by my boss and other employees. They told me that my Boss would retaliate. and make my life miserable. (She has already got 4 people to quite, that had been their for years, she has only worked for this company since June of 2006) My Boss said she didn't want H/R to know anything before she did, but since she was my problem I was left no choice, even after trying to talk to her first.
    Can my boss really demote me? Or should I seek legal advise.

Yes your boss can demote you, whether it be because you wre not catching on fast enough or because you told on her. Unless you were singled out for hostility because of a legally protected characteristic (religion, gender, race, etc) it is not illegal. The fact that she has made others quit and treatss everyone this way just means she is a poor manager, not that she is illegally discriminating.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Demotion

So in other words a boss can demote you for no reason at all?
      How can that be right then?

Comment

It may not be "right" but it is legal.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Your Boss, is your Boss! basically, they can do whatever they wish, as long as it isn't illegal. By running to HR, in a sense is like going behind your Bosse's back! In a situation like this, what would make most sense is to move on to other job opportunities outside of your current employment!

Comment

Working...
          X