This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Termination UC Benifits Pennsylvania

I had a question in regards to being terminated and if I am able to still recieve uc benifits. I went and filled out the online forum to collect uc benifits and i clicked on lack of work instead of laid off. And I got a letter from UC stated that my old employer stated that I quit work. I already filled out their forum they sent me stating it was a mistake that i chose lack of work and also plan on calling them to further explain what I had done. But the whole fact that my old employer sent back a verification for separation form stating I quit is wrong. I have the paper that came from hr with her signature and mine and the date. Right next to the date it said termination. Now am I confused what termination means or does it mean laid off or fired not quit. Also will I still be able to get benifits.

Thank you in advance for you help in clearing up my confusion.

Terminated means your employment ended. If you quit, it's a voluntary termination. If your employer initiates the end of the employment (regardless of whether you call it a layoff, a firing, or what have you) it's an involuntary termination.

One way or another, if you no longer work there, it's a termination.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X