This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salary deductions Florida

I want to know if an employer can deduct a heath care premium deduction, without notifiying you in advance.
    I signed up to have them deduct $57.00 a week from my paycheck.

They deducted $343.00, without notifying me. I recieved only $59.00. For a full week worked?

I wrote before but recieved no input. After reading my entry, I realized, I sounded very confused. I am just very upset as this caused my rent to be delayed.

I recieved in todays mail the official COBRA application. I noted that I have indeed overpaid, on the premium.

Do I have any recourse? I find that the just took an amount, (wrong at that) and deducted it.

This hardly seems fair.
    thanks to anyone for any guidance.
    Susan

Have you called payroll or HR?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

yes, the company is run by basically 4 women.
      The owner (never seen)
      her life partner -the administrator, and HR person, and payroll
      a staffing coordinator
      and a RN admissions coordinator.

It is the Administrator I have been speaking with, and she's been cold as ice with me.
      I did ask for the COBRA which, I'm happy to say, finally arrived today.
      this is how I realized I overpaid the premium.

It seems as if what ever she says goes. I just want to know if there is a law in place such as,
      do I have a right to a wage?
      a right to being informed of the deduction, prior to?
      I am at the mercy of this office.
      Since complaining, they took me off my case as well.
      She was very nasty and hung up on me.

Thanks so much for responding.

Comment

Unfortunately, Florida has virtually no wage and hour laws to speak of. You can try contacting the Dept. of Workforce Innovation about the failure to pay minimum wage; since Florida has a higher minimum wage than federal, they may be able to assist you, at least to the extent of minimum wage. For the balance, you can try small claims court; actually small claims for the entire difference may be faster.
        Last edited by Pattymd; 02-13-2007, 01:00 PM.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X