X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal vacation time Maryland

Hi,
    Is it required to provide paid vacation time for an employee in MD state. I'm working in MD on a work visa(H1B). If it is then how many work days needed to be provided by the employer as paid vacation.
    Thanks in advance

Vacation time is not required by law.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

...in any state.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

It isn't required but anyone sponsoring a visa would probably have some sort of policy. It is very rare for an employer not to offer paid time off and even more rare in the case of any employer who would go through the expense and trouble of obtaining an H1B. Have you verified that this is the policy?
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Yes, thats tier policy, if I'm on hourly salary. Thanks for the interest though.

Comment

Working...
          X