This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok

I didnt want an agrument and all was just saying and just telling you guys to watch out and all i went to the news stations and all i will get justice and get them to be aware that they cant do this and get away with it and also they are raising minium wage smiles and i got my advice from you guys and from my teacher that is a lawyer he said youcan change the laws by opening your mouth it is a weaponso use it for the good thanks all for your help and your advice

Comment

pay cut

Okay my son-in-law is having this same problem. can anyone tell me what recourse if any he has? And if he does where does he go or who does he contact? Thanks. and good luck in Orlando.

Comment

You added to a thread from 1-07 -- you will need to start your own thread with complete details of your "problem" along with your question(s). Thanks.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
          No, it took me a few times rereading this to understand, but, to put it in legible form.... (what paralegal cannot create a sentence with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and form?)

She was told she would work 40 hours per week, at the pay rate of $8.00/hr. It turns out that she is working for $7.40/hr.

Still don't think there is any recourse, assuming she was asking for advice to begin with and not just ranting.
          mommyof4 says, "(what paralegal cannot create a sentence with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and form?)."

I guess any paralegal that gets paid $7.40 p/hr. is entitled to write as he/she wishes. I guess if she were getting $32.50 p/hr then you would have a legitimate query. But until then you might consider not being holier than tho.

Comment

Is there any reason why you posted to a thread from 1-07?
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

This thread is almost a year old. Please post your question in your own thread, with details please.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

OOPS! I Didn't see that this thread was that old and didn't notice the 'Page 2' Shoot me.

cbg, or mommyof4, I think I have a better (more straight forward) example, though it seems not to entirely match the OP's situation, however it would influance my willingness to ever move to Florida... lol!

Bill goes to SuperMart and applies for a job. SuperMart tells him he can be a cashier and get paid $8.00/hour. Bill takes the job. On Bill's first paycheck, his hourly rate is only $7.40/hour.

The above example is /seriously/ legal in Florida? Isn't that fraud?

To the OP, how were you informed about being paid $8 an hour? Was this your hiring rate? Was this an announcement made to employees about a raise? Was this an off-hand comment by a manager? Was it stated as a certianty that you would get $8.00/hour on a 'going forward' basis?

I dunno if the answer to any of these questions would change the answer cbg and mommyof4 are giving you, but it seems at least that those details are missing from your story to get a better idea of circumstances.
                Last edited by DontWannaLiveWithMama; 11-28-2007, 03:19 AM. Reason: I'm a dolt.

Comment

Working...
                X