X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schudule for commission employees Arizona

Hello,
    I am a commissioned employee in Az. I am scheduled around 74 hours a week. I do not get any hourly or salary pay just straight commission. I work M-F 7am-8pm on Thursdays I work 7am to 10 pm. Now my boss tells me I have to work Saturdays 7am-5pm. It is a rare thing to not get a job (I'm a repair man) in this time frame, making my time away from my family pretty extensive. Am I required by law to work all these hours being a "on-call' commission employee? One more thing, we get any vacation or sick pay either. We only get paid per jobs we work. We are not allowed to ever 'turn down calls'
    Thanks

In your occupation, there is no law that limits the hours you can be expected to work. Nor are there any laws that require the employer to provide paid vacation or sick time. Sorry.

Question. Are you getting paid overtime? There are circumstances under which the law exempts service employees such as you from overtime, but I thought I'd ask.

Also, I'm assuming that this employer is even subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Just as aside, I had a similar situation in my last job. I wrote up the details of each situation and kept them at home, just in case. As it turns out, I WAS fired, but the employer did not protest my UI. Glad to get out of there. At least my current boss supports me on fixing compliance issues.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X