This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unemployment benifits

im a fulltime employee for a company in texas that work has slowed down. they have not worked me in seven days.if i file for unemployment benifits what action if any can they take against me?

Originally posted by rmdrake
    im a fulltime employee for a company in texas that work has slowed down. they have not worked me in seven days.if i file for unemployment benifits what action if any can they take against me?
    It's not a matter of what action your employer can take against you but whether or not you qualify for unemployment.
    Have you been officially "laid off' or terminated?
    Visit this site for in dept info on unemployment in Texas.
    http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/bnfts/claimantinfo.html

Let me know if you have further questions.
    Sue
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

unemployment benifits

i have not been laid off from my job.

Comment

Texas Unemployment

You may still be able to qualify for unemployment as you have experienced a reduction in hours. Call the Texas Workforce Commission for more information.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by rmdrake
          i have not been laid off from my job.
          You definately need to call your local Texas Workforce Commission immediately. Unemployment is NOT retroactive -- but rather it begins the week it is FILED. Therefore, you cannot claim unemployment for any days/hours not worked in previous weeks.

Talk to them about your fears of retribution by your employer, or better yet, ask your employer when you expect to work again and if they will put something in writing for you that there is no work.
          Sue
          FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
          X