Confidentiality Agreement in AZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidentiality Agreement in AZ

Does the employee and employer have to sign a Confidentiality Agreement or is the employees signature only, make it valid?
    And is a Private Message stating that I signed the document just waiting for your signature make it valid?

Seems to me that depends on the wording of the agreement, and what it is that is being agreed upon to keep confidential. What is the situation?

Comment

I signed a confidentiality agreement, emailed it to my boss. Thats the last I heard of it. I quit after 2 weeks. Boss is telling me that its still valid, I told her no its not because she never signed it and returned a copy to me.
      It is just a standard agreement stating I can't talk about her business. I have no problem with this because she never really divulged anything to me worth repeating I quit because of this. Now she is refusing to pay me my last and only wages. I am looking into this because from what I have gathered about this person she is a scammer, hires people then doesn't pay them. She also stated that if I said anything she will get her lawyer to put a lien on my house. This is why I am looking into this. Since I posted this I have spoken to several people and all told me what I already know which is its not valid without her signature. BTW all her agreements are only signed by the person working for her.
      Last edited by Lookingglass; 09-24-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Two very unrelated issues:
        - If your state has a DOL, file a wage claim. Do not bring up the NDA. The state will not care and let your employer do their own song and dance.
        - I have no idea how your states NDA laws work. I do not know if two signatures is required. I just know that nothing in any state's NDA laws justifies holding due wages. I have seen one signature NDAs in CA, and never gave it any thought. You might be trying to impose a rule that does no exist, and certainly is a meaningless detour. This is not a negotiated contract between equals but rather something imposed by the employer on the employee with the law's blessing.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
        X