Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does CA labor law require new hire paperwork to be done on the clock? California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does CA labor law require new hire paperwork to be done on the clock? California

I Googled it and couldn't find any information on this, but as far as I can recall, every job I've had has one do the new hire paperwork on the first day of employment. I start a new job next week, and they have already bombarded me with company emails and requests to read this, and read that, and read the employee handbook, and sign the I-9 and the tax form, and start looking at their study sheets on which I am told I will be tested on. I haven't even started yet! I'm already feeling overwhelmed. It doesn't help that I've read TERRIBLE reviews about this company-- micromanagement, passive aggression on the part of the CEO, all kinds of crazy things. I've received link after link filled with rule that link to other rules, ad infinitum. I'm starting to reconsider this whole enterprise.

I emailed them back asking if I could do this on my first day.

There is no law that new hire paperwork be done "on the clock." In fact, many of the things you mentioned are often done between the time you are offered employment and actually hired.

The only thing that might (and I did say might) fall into work related activities is studying for a test. And that wouldn't if passing that test means you will or won't get hired in the first place.

Comment

Working...
    X