Laid off shortly after injuring back in Colorado Colorado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid off shortly after injuring back in Colorado Colorado

I injured my back on June 27th while lifting a very heavy object at work. However, I didn't start to feel the severity of the injury until July 3rd. I took the entire next week off as I could barely get up out of bed. I did let my boss know that I injured my back on July 5th (the first day back after the holiday weekend). I never actually filed a work comp claim but did speak to an HR representative about the possibility. ****I might mention that this injury is a direct result of the exact same injury I received at work almost 2 years prior to the day. **** I'm currently seeing a physical therapist and surgery isn't out of the question.

Well a little more than three weeks later, I was laid off because "they eliminated my position". Seems kinda funny to me. I did receive a severance package but it won't become valid until I sign the contract that goes with it stating the I will not bad-mouth the company and will not sue them for any reason.

Should I just sign it or should I pursue legal action?

What legal action would you anticipate taking?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X