Needing pay stubs stored on office computer after termination Nevada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing pay stubs stored on office computer after termination Nevada

I was recently teminated by my company after six years. I was given one day notice, asked to sign a severance agreement and given a month's severance pay. All agreeable enough, excepting the one day notice. I was a telecommuting employee. I would use my home computer to connect to my office computer where I would do the majority of my work. My work email was also on the office computer to which I connecting. Because the company would direct deposit my wages, they would send to me, via work email, the requisite pay stub in electronic format (usually a PDF document). Once I was terminated, my remote computer access was cut off - understandable enough. Problem is all the pay stubs I'd received were stored on that office computer to which I no longer have access. Since I am currently applying for unemployment benefits, I am in need of those pay stubs as I must provide the last two months worth to apply for state unemployment benefits. I have contacted my former employer, via email, with repeated requests for the office manager (the orginal sender) to provide me with the pay stubs stored on my office computer. They appear to be stonewalling me and not responding to my requests. There was no animosity in the separation and I have been civil and reasonable in tone and I'm not sure why they're not responding. It is important that I have those pay stubs. What legal rights do I have in this situation? Are they not legally required to provide this information under the circumstances?

Thank you.

http://www.nvdetr.org/ESD%20Pages/ES...s_Handbook.pdf I am not finding the need for paystubs when reading this. You have to report any future income. But I am not seeing where you have to report past. Nevada does use the quarterly/base lookback period for wage information provided by the employer each quarter. You might only need your paystubs if you disagree with the wages the state has on file.

All you can do is ask your prior employer. If they originally provided you with a copy, then it was up to you to save or print it in a location that was personal. Or on the one day notice, to save/print them out then. Many employees don't even get 1 day's notice.

if it was a true layoff where many employees were let go at the same time, I suspect HR/payroll are very busy!

Comment

I'm not going to say you should downloaded copies to your computer because you likely know that.

The state of Nevada UI agency has a form they can send the employer to get just that information.

Otherwise call your former employer and ask for the data.

Comment

Originally posted by Payroll Guy View Post
        I'm not going to say you should downloaded copies to your computer because you likely know that.

The state of Nevada UI agency has a form they can send the employer to get just that information.

Otherwise call your former employer and ask for the data.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X