X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do banks hire anyone with an expunged record ..... pls read Florida

State: Florida, Tampa- Orlando

Hello All

I had a misdemeanor expunged 3 years ago ( it was for petit theft, it was the only time I ever came in contact with the law and i regret it to this day).
    I was working in corporate banking for the last 9 years at HSBC and now am looking at a new job at a major bank as a financial business analyst .

I am so upset about what I did, so i checked all major background levels (local, state and even FBI).
    All come back clear. What bugs me that even the FBI rap sheet comes back clear also, it states "no arrest or conviction" after requesting an official copy with my fingerprints.

BUT !!! Will banks see the expunged record anyways since they are government insured? the FBI lady on the phone told me no but somehow i dont believe it. They will see it , right? Why else would there be a section 19 for banks?

Can you please advice?

thank you so so so much
    Fluffy

No one can say for sure what any individual bank might pick up on a background check or by other means. An expunged record just means it is removed from public view. Nothing completely removes your record except a pardon.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

This article references NJ but the process and outcome are roughly the same. http://corporate.findlaw.com/human-r...k-in-this.html
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X