This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired. Diagnosed with heart srrhythmia Nevada

I was fired for not keeping up on paperwork. I'm an outside sales person. My symptoms made me very fatigued. They were very aware I was having some health issues.

You have not asked a question.

However, there are no circumstances whatsoever under which an employer is required to accept poor performance, even if it is due to health reasons.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Do you have a specific question? It's possible to be fired if you can't keep up with your work heart arrhythmia or not.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The standard for an ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) is that the employer cannot discriminate on the basis of your condition if you are able to perform your duties with "reasonable accommodation." Allowing paperwork to be filed late or not at all that impacts the business' cash flow and/or profitability is not a reasonable accommodation.

Comment

The above assumes you even asked for a reasonable accommodation. If you were unable to keep up, and a reasonable accommodation was possible or you needed leave under the FMLA, it was on you to ask for it. Otherwise, you can be terminated for poor performance just like anyone else.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by yung68 View Post
            I was fired for not keeping up on paperwork. I'm an outside sales person. My symptoms made me very fatigued. They were very aware I was having some health issues.
            Their work has been stopped then why they recommend again either they got loss or work load that time they need a employee that's why they fired you.

Comment

Keep an eye on jaredshaw. ISP indicates geolocation US/Ca. However indicates ISP/Org. CloudFlare which some of the foreign spam has been coming from. Also replied to old thread.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                Keep an eye on jaredshaw. ISP indicates geolocation US/Ca. However indicates ISP/Org. CloudFlare which some of the foreign spam has been coming from. Also replied to old thread.
                Not to mention the sentence is gibberish.

Comment

Right - was letting post go though & watch to see if we get any more.

Comment

Working...
                  X