Hostile work environment Nevada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostile work environment Nevada

I work, ironically, for an attorney. There are two co-workers who have made my job a living nightmare for the past year. When my boss is not there, they text her and tell her things that I have allegedly done, which is absolutely false. I then get nasty texts from my boss asking what the f**k is going on? THey have also taken requested records off of the fax and shredded them numerous times, do not give me messages, and such to make me not be able to do my job efficiently. My boss has been aware of this for a year, and has done nothing to sufficiently intervene. In fact, she makes excuses for them. Yesterday, it was so bad that I gave my two weeks notice. At 9 pm last night, my boss texts me and states that "I don't want you to have to work with Spring and Chellie and them just giving you more grief. Its not a good situation and probably not good for anyone!" basically stating that she is aware of the hostile situation. So, she terminated my resignation early. Is this considered a Hostile work environment and basically, a workplace retaliation?

Based SOLELY on what you have posted no, this is not a hostile work environment (which has a very specific meaning in employment law). And again, based SOLELY on what you have posted, there is no evidence of illegal retaliation.

If you had to guess, what reason would you guess your co-workers have for their behavior towards you?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

They have blatantly said they do not like me. I have no idea why. At the Christmas party, they told me they didn't like me because I was pretty (they were inebriated)

Comment

Then that's a shame but it's not an HWE; nor is there anything illegal going on. It may be bad management but that's not illegal.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

hostile work environment:
          http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-ho...nvironment.htm
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X