verbal resignation in Missouri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verbal resignation in Missouri

I had an argument with my manager I gave my verbal resignation. After speaking to the COE who want's me to stay, I agreed to stay. The manager is proceeding with the resignation. Can the manager do that and is a verbal resignation legally binding for a position with no contract. Am I able to retract my resignation?

Who or what is the COE? If this person is the manager's boss then this person can override the manager's acceptance of your resignation. If this person is not the manager's boss, then the manager is legally free to accept your verbal resignation. In law (and absent a contract that states otherwise) a resignation is a resignation no matter how it's conveyed - in writing, verbally, by carrier pigeon, whatever.

Comment

This is not an issue that is addressed by law. If your employer chooses to allow you to retract your resignation, they may; if they choose not to, there is no law you can invoke that will force them to allow it.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Since you have no contract, yes your manager can do that as long as no one higher up overrides the manager's decision.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X